Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Overlaid Checks blanket

This is an overlaid checks pattern that I found in The Crochet Stitch Bible. It is an easy pattern and a very quick project. I made this for a friend as a baby gift.
The finished size laid out is 3' x 4' (36" x 48"). This is 168 base chain stitches + 3.
I used a size G crochet hook and Bernat Super Value yarn, colors:
Color A: 53022 Dk Heather
Color B: 07681 Pale Navy
Color C: 53222 Fern

ch= chain stitch
st= stitch
sc= single crochet
dc= double crochet

To start make a chain using color A in multiples of eight until you have the desired length (or width) that you want, then add 3 more chain stitches.
R1: Do a double crochet in the fourth chain from the hook, (The 3 ch on the end are considered a dc) do 1 dc in next ch st, *1 ch, skip 1 ch, 1 dc in next ch, 1 ch, skip 1 ch, 1 dc in next 5 ch repeat from * to the end of the row. ch 3 and turn.
Repeat pattern until you have the desired length (or width) that you want. You should be about to see where the double crochet stitch and chain stitches go.

The color pattern is 3 rows of color A, 1 row of color B, 1 row color C then repeat. In the chain spaces do an overlaid chain stitch rotating colors B and C. Unfortunatley I couldn't find tutorial online for the overlaid chain stitch, but you should be able to pick up the book at your local library.

2 comments:

MiChelly said...

That turned out really nice! I think I might try this for my friend for her baby also... Since I can't finish my halloween one yet lol.

Tori said...

You should its fun, easy and pretty quick too.