Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yep...More Aprons

I made a few aprons as Christmas gifts and thought I'd post them. In the past I've been asked how I make them and so I'm attempting to post a basic how to on the first one to give you all an idea.

I start with fabric selection which I try to tailor to the recipient of the apron. Then I think of the style and shape of apron and begin cutting out shapes and creating a rough pinning of the pieces which you can see below.
I then pin these rough pinned pieces to the manikin to see how they will lay and then make adjustments from their.
After all pinning and sewing is complete I put the apron back on the manikin to make sure it is still laying properly, make any additional adjustments and off it goes.This one is designed to look like a 1950's party dress apron.
Luck of the Irish Apron.

Pretty in Pink cocktail hour Apron.

2 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

okay, I love all 3. I particularly love the mid length bands on these. They add a flattering touch.

Lexi said...

Thanks. After looking ack at aprons past I noticed it is apparently my signature. What can i say ... I need (okay want) a defining waist line so I assume all women do :-)