Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunset Star

When I was looking to find the Cathedral Rose Window crochet pattern I came across this one. It is called a Six-Pointed Star Afghan. I made this for my husband's brother and sister-in-law as a baby gift. They have decided not to find out what they are having and so tried to go with bright, unisex colors. I had some left over red, orange, and yellow from a project I finished a few years ago. It did come out bigger than I thought it would, but think it will be perfect for snuggling on the couch or in a rocker.
This pattern can be purchased as Annie's Attic.
Hook used: US I
Yarn used: Red Heart Super Saver
0319 Cherry Red (4 skeins)
0254 Pumpkin (2 skeins)
0324 Bright Yellow (1 skein)
Bernat Super Value Yarn
07407 Winter White (1 skien)
This pattern was difficult, but now that I have the hang of it I want to do another one in different colors.

3 comments:

St.Aubin said...

love this one!

Tori said...

Me too, now just need to figure out what colors I want to do it in next. lol And suggestions? :)

St.Aubin said...

Hmmm, I'm always a fan of greens blues and purples. You can go with just about any combo with those, but really this one will be great with just about any color combo :-)